Moving Advice for Small Businesses
Here at Fit Out Finance, we believe that moving advice for small businesses is so important. This includes companies from start-ups to well-established businesses. We provide finance for a number of sectors including office refurbishments and restaurants. Below is some advice for a small business when moving. However, it can be applied to larger style companies as well.
Moving premises for a small business is a completely different animal than moving a large one. Where large businesses can employ a team to move an office usually over a weekend, for a small business the office move is a vitally important project. The impact of which can change the direction the business takes in the future. This makes it even more important that the move is completed as successfully and efficiently as possible.
Fit Out Finance have compiled some key advice specifically tailored for small businesses to ensure their office move runs smoothly.
– We cannot recommend this enough at Fit Out Finance. Effective planning is essential for any sized company considering moving office. Early planning gives a business enough time to avoid any rash or rushed decisions being made.
Get real estimates
– It may seem easy and convenient for you to go online and retrieve an online quote. This can be for anything from removals to fit-out and refurbishment for a new office. However, more often than not, an online quote will change, and this can drastically affect a company’s budget. Getting an onsite quotation will not only build a relationship with a supplier, but gives you an accurate quotation. Once the supplier knows more specifics and detail, they can send you an accurate quote and will be keen to work with you. Are you looking for a reputable supplier who can provide you with an onsite quote? Fit Out Finance has a network of approved suppliers who will be more than happy to provide you a quote.
Only take what you need
– We see this all the time at Fit Out Finance. A company who moves everything from their old office to their new one, only for it to be dumped somewhere out of the way and never seen again in the new location. Moving into a new office is a fantastic excuse to avoid clutter. Also to throw out a lot of unnecessary items or replace it with new equipment. A new office is a new stage of a small business’s life, and replacing old equipment with new equipment will bring that new lease of life to your company and employees.
Pay attention to the little things
– Details are important. To avoid the risk of missing something that can prove to be so important when a company moves offices, keep a list of things that will require attention. When relocating, remember to update your website, marketing material and even blogs to share the excitement of your new location with your customers, suppliers, and partners. Your stakeholders will be excited to visit the new premises, so embrace that feeling of excitement!
Seek professional help if in doubt
– Unlike a large business who can employ large office moving teams, smaller companies will do a lot of the research and leg work themselves. However, you need to ensure that what you are doing is correct and as efficient as possible. Hiring professionals to guide you through your office move, such as removals companies and real estate brokers can save you time and money in the long run.
If you would like more information on what we can offer you and your business then head over to our contact page on our website to speak to a member of our team. Additionally, if you would like to talk to us over the phone then please call 01494 506 385 or email email@example.com. We hope that you have learnt about moving advice for small businesses and why it is so important. You can also see more over on our LinkedIn page.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!